Take advantage of these security tips
to safeguard your personal information.
- Never share your passwords.
- Prioritize password length – make passwords at least 8 characters long.
- Use a variety of numbers, upper and lower case letters, and special characters.
- Randomize patterns and sequences.
- Change passwords preferably every 45 days.
- Do not repeat previous passwords – be unique each password change.
- Do not use the same password across all websites you may access.
The Four County Bank will not request your confidential financial information by email. If you receive correspondence that claims to come from the bank, call 478-962-3221 to verify.
- Keep personal information personal – don’t share bank or credit card information by email.
- Do not open attachments from anyone you don’t know.
- Enable filters on your email programs and report spam.
- Make sure that you have antivirus software installed and keep it up to date.
- Log out or sign off from your account when you’ve finished using your email.
- Look out for malicious emails. These unwarranted emails may appear to come from a financial institution, an e-commerce site or a government agency.
- Make sure you read the full email address of the sender. If the email address looks suspicious, don’t it.
- Any email with a URL or file attachment should be considered high risk.
Protect Your Information and Identity
- Criminals will not just email you. They may use text messages, phone calls or traditional mail.
- Watch out for ads, contests and giveaways that seem too good to be true.
- Do not respond to unwanted telephone calls, text messages or email requests for personal financial information.
- Use apps available in your device’s official store. Be wary of apps from unknown developers or those with limited or bad reviews.
- Never save your login information when you are using a web browser.
- Never click on a link in an unsolicited email.
- Keep apps, anti-virus software and firewalls updated to ensure the latest security.
- Monitor your accounts regularly through The Four County Bank’s website, mobile app or telephone banking service. Customers that utilize these services often detect fraud earlier than those who rely solely on paper statements.
- Remain cautious at all times. If you ever feel unsure about a telephone call, email, or letter, DO NOT give out any information and contact us immediately at 478-962-3221.
Preventing Identity Theft and Fraud
Free Credit Report
Federal law permits consumers to obtain a free report annually from each of the three major credit reporting agencies. Experts advise that you get a free report from a different agency every four months. Doing so will allow you to monitor your personal information all year long.
To order your free credit report visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.
If you would like more information please visit the following: